Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Clear mind

I'm not one who believes in all the hype of detoxes and such because I believe that food is vital to health and functioning properly. Yet, as I have been home where I grew up I find myself in all the classical conditioning I have learned and falling back into habits I had in high school...what is it about old atmospheres that transform us into people we're not anymore?

Anyways, after eating horribly since I have been home I have decided that I am going to do my take on a detox and just eat all natural whole foods for one week. This means no dairy, no bread, no sugar. I am still playing with the idea of if I am going to eat meat or not or just stick with soy for the week or just fish. It has only been the second day and I feel better already and I went to an hour and a half yoga class today which felt great. After all the confusion I have been through and continuously go through on a regular basis these days I want to find any way I can to clear out some of the clutter in my body and my brain.

Fear predominates most things in my life right now. Fear of rejection, fear of not being liked by everyone around me, fear of failing, fear of making a decision, a choice, because that means I'm closing the door on something else. But, living in fear only stops us from living it doesn't protect us from all the things we are fearing. Ultimately, I still go out every day and do things and talk to people and some people might like me and some may not so no matter how hard I try to control my surroundings everything I fear is still happening on a continual basis whether I am paying attention to them all or not.

I am also making decisions every single moment. How incredible is that! I don't think we give ourselves enough credit for all the little things we do every single day. To wake up and decide to eat breakfast, and to go work out, and to stop for that person on the street and help them pick up their things: we are making little choices all the time, yet by the end of the day....how do we forget all those little things? For today, I am going to pat myself on the back for how far I've come in life and that my journey is continuing every single second and I am glad you are all here sharing it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment