Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time is of the essence

I had an interesting conversation with my mom last night at like midnight. The pearl she left me with last night was when we have time we have no idea what to do with it and when we don't have any time for ourselves we always say, "man I wish I had time to do X, Y, and Z." Here I am with all this time right now and I'm not doing anything with it. I keep sulking at the disposition I have put myself in instead of grabbing time by the horns and riding it for all its worth. I miss my old lifestyle in Burlington so much where I could walk anywhere and my favorite yoga places were right around the corner and I could walk to our Co-op which was right around the corner and buy spices in bulk that were really cheap. It is amazing how a place can change how you like to live your life entirely.

Yet there are interesting things to do everywhere and it is just a matter of going out and exploring your surroundings. On my trip to Boston this past weekend, I remembered what it was like to be spontaneous. My friends just wake up and go anywhere they feel like (of course MA is a bit more interesting than CT)...but the point is if you have the means to get to point A to point B (which I do) then it is just matter of motivation to get up and go...which I think is that part I am lacking in at the moment.

I took a class on motivation in undergrad about intrinsic and extrinsic motivation. I have always been my biggest motivator to push myself to do the best and then do better after that. And now I feel like I have failed myself and I took a detour some where....first loves makes us go a little crazy I suppose. But I am feeling a little more back on track...whatever that means...every day is a new day right?

No comments:

Post a Comment