Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fuzzy Blank

I don't have too much to say today, but am wanting to stick with trying to post something every day. I finally got out of the house today and did something woohoo! I went to New Haven (ok ok with my mother...better than by myself hah) and ate in the cutest vegetarian restaurant for lunch. I think candied walnuts are the best thing ever created...whoever thought of putting sugar and baking it on nuts is genius. I walked around Yale, which is pretty beautiful, but we only got the chance to walk arounnndddd Yale. Every part of yale is locked off, thus you can't get in, but only look through gates to see the beautiful quads on the inside. Interesting that colleges (especially Ivy League ones) have become a mystery to everyone who is not involved...or is this just being precautions of outsiders and protecting students...but why does a student need more protection than anyone else?

Anyways, it was nice to be walking around academic scenery and watching students sitting around, eating, talking, and catching up. I miss college. I miss being overly busy and have my days structured out for me...hindsight is a funny thing...life may have been hard and I may have complained constantly about how much work I had to do, but I would go back and do it all over again in a second. It makes me realize how much we all can take great siutations for granted when we are in them because it is so much easier to complain and pick on something than embrace all the positivity in a situation.

I got to walk around the Yale Museum and it was interesting to see the different kinds of art I was interested in compared to my mother. I have to say there is a lot of art out there that I am not sure why we consider it art. Like three squares inside each other all different colors....how is that art? I'm aware that if I knew more about art history that there is probably a million different meanings to three squares inside each other...but to my eyes...I think I could paint something more interesting. I am someone who enjoys still life though...I appreciate that its a matter of noticing the beauty in life just the way it is. What kind of art peaks your interest??

1 comment:

  1. Teppy i had that exact same conversation with my Mom last weekend. We talked about 'when we did this and when we went there' ~ who would have ever thunk that all these years later we'd be looking back and reminiscing. But i guess that makes us some of the lucky ones that we have those great memories to look back on and make us smile still. :-)

    ReplyDelete