Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm just people watching...

After rousing myself out of bed this morning at 7 so I wouldn't sleep in for another day and getting myself to the gym, I decided to head into the city to see an old friend for lunch. I had no idea what I was going to do today afterward, but I find lately that I just want to throw myself into situations and see what happens. I feel like I have been over protected my whole life and now that I have a bit more confidence and that I'm not scared to get lost anymore I just want to go on adventures and learn about myself and the world.

As I got off the train coming into NYC, I am always constantly amazed by how many people there are out there. People watching is one of my favorite things to do; just looking at different people's personalities, interactions, clothing, body types. I was waiting for my friend and sitting on a bench under some trees offering some shade (it was brutally hot today...sweat was dripping for the creases of my arms...gross) and watching these tiny little birds burying themselves in the sand, getting dirty, then not liking being dirty and cleaning themselves off, and then doing it all over again. It was highly amusing.

I was sitting with my friend having lunch and discussing the craziness of my life and then when I asked him what was going on with him it was all nice pleasantries. I feel like I have been getting that a lot lately from people I have been trying to get back in touch with. Everyone seems (to me) to handle life's ups and downs so nonchalantly and I just feel like I over-think and over-analyze every tine little thing in my life. I mean I've done this ever since I was a kid, but some where along the line I just tried to skew it in my brain as a positive thing, which honestly it has been up to this point. I don't just let events in my life pass me by without feeling through them and fully learning from every experience all the lessons it has to offer.

So, no I don't move on very quickly, but I suppose I don't think of that as such a bad thing, but I certainly do get a lot of eye rolls.

1 comment:

  1. hey, i dont technically 'follow' you (havent quite worked out how) but i check in most days and read your updates. so just letting you know you have one more kind-of follower than it registers. Your posts remind me very much of my life in a lot of ways, it interests me to read your views on situations I can completely identify with. Keep it up!Emma, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete