Friday, August 21, 2009

Too many hobbies

In trying to figure out what I'd like to do with my life, I've taken a step back and thought alright I need to start with what makes me happy. Lately I've been wondering if the program I already got into is really the perfect program for me, but ultimately I needed this time off just for me to slow down with my life. So things that interest me:

1. understanding people's actions
2. the human brain
3. theatre (acting/directing/stage managing)
4. research
5. writing papers
6. reading
7. writing
8. being intellectually stimulated
9. being challenged
10. eastern opposed to western philosophies
11. english
12. theatre history
13. cooking
14. being active

Alright what job should I have...go!

2 comments:

  1. I like a lot of those too. I've considered going back to school to study Cognitive Science.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone once told me to find a person who you want to most be like(in terms of job/lifestyle) and then find out how they got there, and do that too ie do the same uni degree etc. Personally I didn't take that advice, I went to a uni open day and wandered around the science exhibits, as science was my favourite at school. I got really excited and enthused about the vet display, and the tour of the vet hospital.over summer i couldn't wait to start vet school. Im now a 3rd year vet student.If someone had told me how hard it would be, I may have changed my mind, but when i spend time with vets in clinics I love it, and the time flies. Find something you love and go for it.I cant imagine life without animals everywhere and I know I'm heading down the path that is right for me.Good luck Emma NZ

    ReplyDelete