Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where is the light at the end of the day?

I think the end of the day is the hardest. Even when I have spent the entire day around other people (today I went into the city for my brother's fiancee's bridal shower) I feel...hmmm...I don't even know how to put the feeling into words. I suppose its loneliness. I intellectually know I'm not alone (even those I love that I'm not in contact with, I know their hearts are still with me). Yet emotionally, I sit here alone and long for someone to just sit with me. I don't need words (they get old and superfluous), I don't need to be stimulated, or even touched.

It is amazing how even the presence of someone else can bring the sense of not being entirely alone (even though we all know we're not, just to re-iterate haha). Community is so very important. To truly feel a part of something and be able to connect with others on a similar level. I miss having that opportunity in college, where there are people all around you and if you feel that emptiness in your heart all you have to do is step out of your dorm room and walk next door to someone elses room hah (it is a little creepier doing that to a neighbor in a neighborhood).

Its time to get my life back on track....out into the community extending myself to others and connecting with others the way I crave on a constant basis, because it makes me happy to help others and I feel as though I haven't been doing that lately. It is probably the reason there are so many blogs out there. Everyone wants to speak their mind (and they could do this in a private journal), but a blog offers the opportunity to feel as though you are talking to someone and maybe even helping someone and that perhaps someone will talk back.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Teppy...and I know what you mean. Agree. I think you're making "community" happen via sharing your thoughts. We're connected that way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand exactly what you are saying. It is a hard place to be in. After I became disabled after a very, very full life working, raising kids, being involved with PTA, GirlScouts, teaching Ceramics, I basically became a shut in without any adult contact other than when my kids stopped to check on me. Meeting and talking with people on line filled a huge gap because there is always someone who has been in your shoes and can reach out.

    ReplyDelete