Friday, August 21, 2009

Smelling the grass

Today has been a somewhat uneventful day, which I shouldn't complain about because there are a lot of people out there who wish for uneventful days. I decided to take a little adventure on my own this afternoon and went out (sweat dripping down my face by how hot it was outside). I sat in a Starbucks for awhile reading and watching other people (and I confess listening to other people's conversation...I did the thing where you keep reading and then all of a sudden you're eyes are at the bottom of the page you didn't register anything that you read on that page). Before finally going home I decided to be a great daughter and go grocery shopping (plus the fact that I feel as though grocery stores are my second home).

When I entered the grocery store I saw dark clouds looming overhead behind me. I love seeing a storm rolling in and watching the whole event unfold. When I got out of the grocery store it was pouring (and I mean literally pouring rain). I couldn't wait to get in it though. As I pushed the grocery cart into the rain I started to get dripping wet and I couldn't help but laughing while I broke into a run to my car. It was liberating getting so wet just by the sky and it reminded me, once again, of the simple joys in life and how the purest moments can bring the largest grin to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment