Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I want to live in a bookstore

I could seriously live in a bookstore and be overwhelmingly happy. There are so many things to learn and I just don't think I can absorb or read as fast as I'd like. Have you ever imagine sneaking into a store and then hiding somewhere until they closed down and then you were locked in? What store would that be for you? I would stay up all night long reading everything I could get my hands on from non-fiction to poetry to philosophy and psychology...it would be amazing. And I'd eat all the pastries in the cafe and make myself coffee so I could stay up.

By the time the sun would be rising I would be so hopped up on caffeine that I would have such a hard time keeping quiet while they opened the store. Imagine a small 5'2", curly haired girl (of course my curls would be in a huge fro), cowering under a book table, giggling to herself and all jittery from the massive amount of caffeine in her body.

So what would you do?

5 comments:

  1. That would be fantastic! Book store or electronics store for me. Maybe a weekend where I did both. Reading and coffee one night, and a movie marathon on a huge screen and surround sound the next. And feel free to check out my blog, too - http://chaz-justme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a dream come true for many of us. For some of us, our homes are becoming like libraries already. Bookshelves over flowing and creating joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be buried in the Law section, mysteries, suspense novels, anything like that. I like to curl up on my sofa with James Patterson or John Grisham and just drift away. I am also very much a lover of the news at hand. Time or NewsWeek Magazines would be by my side as well. I would be in a corner sat on the floor with a coffee in one hand and a book in the other. It's peaceful and relaxing and reading is my getaway from everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often fantastize about doing the same thing inside of Whole Foods.. I like the idea of a bookstore though. I could think of several places I'd like to hide in until closing.
    I've been imagining what my castle would have looked like in my days of royalty lately... Hmm have I gone off on a tangent?

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what I do with the whole internet at my disposal. I read, read, read and learn about whatever I want whenever I want. I feel one can't ever learn too much. Over the years, I've become a sponge soaking up all kinds of info about anything you can imagine. I probably spend too much time at my computer, but I open an email I've subscribed to from HowStuffWorks.com and next thing I know, I'm 3 hours into learning about things I'd never even imagined.

    ReplyDelete