Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Soothing souls

I think it is amazing no matter how much anyone changes or moves on with their life the people that we get to know when we are younger will always feel like home...they will always be there for us. I have two best friends that I have known since middle school and high school. They are my life line. They are there for me when I fall apart, when I'm crying, when I'm making a fool of myself, and when I want to go out and have some fun. They are there for me through thick and thin and no matter how I change or who I become or who I'm with or when they know I'm making bad decisions, they are still supporting me. I feel incredibly blessed to have these two souls in my life.

I kind of had a break down, just crying and crying this afternoon over all the changes that have happened (what can I say? I am a slow processor when it comes to changes as I want to move on quickly and I realize it takes time) and there was one of my best friends right there on the phone with me...not saying anything but listening, and even though I was clearly not in a good frame of mind, she didn't judge me because she knows who I am...she's known me since we were in 5th grade...so she can say to me, "Stephanie you're talkin' crazy right now." And she brings me back to earth and settles me back down.

Do you have anyone in your life like this? The type of person that just sits and listens and tells you exactly what you need to hear to begin breathing normally again. I am so glad I have a person like that in my life, that will stick by me through anything and everything...and I hope that all of you have someone like that as well.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to have someone in your life than you don't have to always explain your tears, or your smiles to. they just let you be.

    ReplyDelete