Sunday, August 16, 2009

Time out

Have you ever had a day where you decided not to move. That from the moment you woke up you were like, "nope today is for me." Well I had one of those days today. I didn't think about anything serious. I sat, and I ate, and I watched my favorite re-runs all day...and I didn't even get dressed. And ya know what...I was happy, really really happy. Now I'm not saying this is something that I could do every day, because I love being active and moving non-stop too much to just sit around and do nothing all day. What I am saying is that we all need this time. I think everyone deserves one day every week (or at least every month) where they say time out and just put everything down and take a day for themselves.

We all get so caught up in our dramas of every day life, that to really slow down and appreciate that everything is fine no matter what happens is a gift we can give ourselves on a regular basis if we only allow ourselves that time. Whenever I used to give myself these days, I would feel horribly guilty, that my life was a waste because I didn't even get dressed, but as I've grown up I've realized that I do plenty every single day and worry enough 24/7 that to take a day for a time out is well deserved. So this is my signing out for the day with smiles for now and a clear head mostly because I let all my worry go just for this 24 hours...I'll pick it all back up tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment